I’ve got an announcement to make……

by A Frugal Friend on April 15, 2011

8 Flares 8 Flares ×

I’ve got an announcement to make……

I’m turning 40!

Not this week, or this month, BUT this year. Aghhhhh!

I figured if I put it in writing, it would feel less BIG. But, oh, it feels big.

B-I-G!

I remember how much I dreaded turning 30 (laughing now). I remember watching the “Friends” episode where Rachel was turning 30, and her life wasn’t on “schedule” – hilarious. In hindsight of course, I now know that 30 was one of the best, most life-changing years of my life. I met my husband, had an amazing career, traveled to foreign places, and so much more. I loved Thirty.

My 30′s have had some amazing moments, like the birth of my daughter, who brought so much joy into my life.

But at the same time, some moments have rocked me to my core. Losing my mom so unexpectedly changed me forever.

So, while part of me is dreading the big 4-0, another part of me is ready to C-E-L-E-B-R-A-T-E!  Let’s put this decade behind and move forward.

Let’s celebrate this big old birthday (and the gray hairs and wrinkles that go with it).  Oh yea!

And….if we happen to have a big old bash, I’ll send out some fabulous save the date cards.

But the Big 4-O has me thinking about doing something else. I’ve been so focused on making special photo books about my daughter the last few years, so I think this year I’ll be making one about myself. Celebrating my favorite things, my hobbies, my beliefs, the people I love, the things that have changed me.

Um, one problem…..I’ve got to have someone start taking pictures of me. I’m the photographer in the family. :-)

———————————————————————————————————————————————————

Are you a blogger, too? Click here to register for a chance at 50 free announcements!

This post is part of a series sponsored by Shutterfly. I was selected for this sponsorship by the Clever Girls Collective, which endorses Blog With Integrity, as I do.

8 Flares Twitter 4 Facebook 4 StumbleUpon 0 Google+ 0 Pin It Share 0 8 Flares ×

{ 15 comments… read them below or add one }

1 alecia April 15, 2011 at 10:27 am

Happy Birthday

2 jessa April 15, 2011 at 11:39 am

Embrace it! 40 is the new 20..right?? I have no photos of myself. A million of everyone else, but none of myself. I have to start jumping in!

3 Rhonda April 15, 2011 at 12:33 pm

It’s just a number….I will be 52 this July and I don’t feel it!

Happy whenever, or whatever number Birthday!

4 kelly tillotson April 15, 2011 at 12:35 pm

40 is definitely the new 20. I just saw the cutest birthday bash theme for 40 “prehistoric, not extinct” hahaha. i think it was featured on tipjunkie.com
i hope you find many reasons to celebrate throughout the year :)
love your site!
*kelly

5 Hannah Gardner April 15, 2011 at 12:44 pm

Working at a nursing home with 80-90 year olds, I think 40 is YOUNG!! And I’m only 21! SO happy early birthday and just remember you are what you feel.

6 Cheryl @Treasures from a Shoebox April 15, 2011 at 1:00 pm

I’m turning 47 this year and I say, “Welcome!” It is what you make of it in your mind and spirit. The summer I turned 45, classmates from my graduating class were posting things about growing old and I HAD to laugh. You see, I was preparing to give birth to my tenth child. Old? NO WAY!

7 Cathi April 15, 2011 at 1:30 pm

And a gorgeous almost 40 you are!!!

8 Julie Ritter April 15, 2011 at 4:33 pm

I agree with Cathi! You are a gorgeous and fabulous almost 40! Don’t let that number scare you. I’ve got a few more years in my 30s but I plan to be even more fabulous in my 40s!

9 Lori Summers April 15, 2011 at 10:31 pm

I’ll be turning 36 in a couple of weeks and I’m loving my 30s and looking forward to my 40s!! You are definitely a beautiful 40!!

10 Becky (babybudgeting) April 15, 2011 at 11:58 pm

I’ll be 40 too this year and feel much the same i thik a phototoook for you sounds a fab idea and I may just do the same x

11 Naomi April 16, 2011 at 7:36 am

Sounds like you already have the a positive attitude about it. I will be 35 this yr and that was terrifying me. My thoughts were oh my I am on my way to forty but now hearing your attitude about your 30′s makes me have a more positive attitude toward the rest of my 30′s. So thanks for that!!! If it makes you feel better you don’t look 40 at all. I would of never guessed that.

12 Ellen April 16, 2011 at 10:59 am

Just remember that it’s only a number! I will be turning 54 in May and I look forward to each day! Enjoy your daughter as she grows and matures. My youngest is now 20 and I enjoy her for the wonderful person she has become. When people say the years fly by, they do seem to do that. Happy Birthday as you celebrate this year.

13 lorrie April 19, 2011 at 1:48 pm

happy birthday hope you have a blessed birthday

14 Beth @ TheAngelForever April 19, 2011 at 2:15 pm

You are an amazing, gorgeous woman! So glad to call you a friend. Hope to see you again to give you a hug as you move onto the 40′s and show them how it is done.

15 A Frugal Friend April 22, 2011 at 1:49 am

Thank you all so very much! On my birthday, I’ll be coming back to re-read all your comments!!!