Thanks to Trop50 for sponsoring my writing about fabulous bloggers. This year Trop50 is granting 50 Fabulous Wishes. Click here to enter for a chance to win $1,000 to celebrate a friend with a refreshing attitude about looking and feeling fabulous!
When asked to pick 5 Fabulous Bloggers, I really had to ask myself what fabulous meant.
As I brainstormed, I thought immediately of the blogs I’m drawn to. But, I was quickly reminded that it wasn’t necessarily 5 fabulous blogs, but Bloggers…….they usually go hand in hand! So here’s my list (in no particular order)…..
1. Rene Syler, who blogs at Good Enough Mother. A celebrity who you’d recognize in a pinch, the former CBS Early Show co-host is someone I had the pleasure of meeting at the Disney Social Media Moms Celebration this year. I laughed and I cried. We share too much in common (Ha!)….from concerns about breast cancer (I lost my mom and she had a preventative mastectomy) to ties at CBS-11 in Dallas (she, as an anchor, I, as a regular guest throughout 2010).
She inspires women and mothers everywhere, and she is as down-to-earth as you’d want in a best friend. She’s an author, Good-Enough Mother: The Perfectly Imperfect Book of Parenting, and as for blogging, while I don’t always agree with her, I love that she gets people talking.
2. Linny, who blogs at A Place Called Simplicity. I discovered Linny and her wonderful family, thanks to my friend Sara. Linny and her husband are the proud parents of almost 11 children (8 of whom are adopted from all over the world, some with special needs). Linny and her husband have such a heart for God, and I hope you’ll stop by and say hello.
3. Polly, who blogs at Helping Little Hands. Polly has encouraged me through her posts to expand my limited sewing knowledge…..I’ve done my first applique project thanks to her wonderful tutorials. You’ve got to check our her “Hand Me Down Rehab” projects…….creative ways to save!
4. Cathi, who blogs at Planes, Trains, and Taxi Cabs. I met Cathi for the first time as roommates, along with Kailani, in New York City at BlogHer10. We immediately clicked with talks into the early morning hours and over Ray’s pizza slices.
Cathi has experienced such grief and loss in her life, yet reminds me that life is an amazing and beautiful thing. She blogs about what she loves….her husband David, her 2 boys, the daughter she misses, her sweet grandchildren, and all things Disney……. and I’m in love with her photography, thanks to her new Nikon.
5. Rachel, Nichelle, and others, who blog at Cupcakes Take the Cake. Enough said, right? CUPCAKES! This is not only a visually appealing blog, but um, there are recipes too! You’ve got to check out these fabulous ladies….but I’m warning you, don’t visit while you are hungry. Just Sayin’!
Don’t forget to enter the 50 Fabulous Wishes contest for a chance to win $1,000 to celebrate a friend with a refreshing attitude about looking and feeling fabulous. I was selected for this Tropicana Trop50 sponsorship by the Clever Girls Collective, which endorses Blog With Integrity, as I do. I received compensation to use and facilitate my post.