**GIVEAWAY NOW CLOSED**
#184 Gina H
I bought my daughter’s winter jacket 2 years ago from Old Navy….bright pink and white (easier to spot her in). Or so I thought. It seemed as if every time I saw a little girl, she would be wearing an identical jacket. Moms all shopping at the same store, no doubt. I imagined how crazy it would have been had she been in school at the time……with her likely grabbing someone else’s coat by mistake (or someone else, her’s).
Now that I’m feeling kindergarten approaching (okay, it’s not until next year, but I FEEL it), I’m sooo glad there’s a solution to this jacket problem.
I knew Mabel’s Labels had to be created by moms! I was right…..and here’s what they had to say:
Oh, and this winter, just think of the hats, scarves, jackets, and mittens that children will lose at school. I shudder to think. My sister even told me how my nephew lost his jacket…..never to be returned. Why? Well, it didn’t have his name in it……which would have made it easier to return.
Now, I might be showing my age here, but I remember my Grandma sewing some labels in my clothes when I was a child. So, I thought maybe this might require my breaking out a needle and thread, but Mabel’s Labels couldn’t be easier. Most of them just stick on – and stay on!
Mabel’s Labels are:
- Laundry Safe
- Dishwasher Safe
- Microwave Safe
You might be wondering why I’m talking about Dishwasher and Microwave use…….well, think of how great it would be if you could label all your bottles, sippy cups, and more for daycare. That’s exactly what Mabel’s Labels did…..they thought beyond just labels for clothing. In fact, they’ve created amazing and durable labels for everything from shoes and jackets, to school supplies and backpacks.
Perfect for school, daycare, camp, vacations, and everyday use too.
I want to be sure to tell you about three special kinds of products they have:
- Cord Control Labels – Mabel’s Labels created these for me and I’m loving them! I can label the cords for a smartphone, laptop, game system, and more! No more wondering which cord goes to what product.
- Allergy Alert Labels - perfect for kids with dangerous food allergies
- My 411 Wristbands – durable, disposable ID bracelets perfect for theme parks and field trips. Can contain cell phone info and more just in case a child gets lost.
Thanks to Mabel’s Labels, I recently received the Ultimate Back-to-School Combo! I love the box it came in……it easily fits inside my desk drawer to store my labels!
The Ultimate Back-to-School Combo includes:
- 50 Tag Mates (peel and stick to clothing)
- 40 Skinny-Minis (small and great for school supplies)
- 16 Shoe Labels (waterproof and stick to the insoles)
- 2 Teeny Tags (attach with iron ring to any bags…..like backpack, lunch tote, etc)
The combo is only available only until September 30th!
This particular combo costs $42 and you can select designs and colors to personalize. If you only put the clothing tags on the items kids generally take off at school (like coats, sweaters, mittens, etc), then one combo should last a couple years I would think. There are 50 tags for clothing.
A less expensive alternative would be to get the Classic Tag Mates – 75 peel and stick labels for clothing at just $21.
Now for some extra fun for my readers….
One (1) lucky winner will receive a Ultimate Back to School Combo from Mabel’s Labels
Don’t forget to visit the other Bloggers during this Back to School Blog Event (they are each giving one away too):
HOW TO ENTER:
For your main entry, Leave a comment and tell me if your kids, family member, (or you) ever lost anything at school, preschool, daycare, work, etc.! That’s it!
You can earn one (1) extra entry for each of the following:
2. Leave a comment on any non-giveaway post (tell me which one)
3. Subscribe to A Frugal Friend via email or in a reader
4. Like A Frugal Friend on fb
5. Like Mabel’s Labels on fb
6. Follow A Frugal Friend on Twitter
7. Follow Mabel’s Labels on Twitter
8. Tweet the following as is: Win a Mabel’s Labels Ultimate Back to School Combo http://tinyurl.com/3ect6r2 @AFrugalFriend @mabelhood #giveaway #win
9. Grab my button for your site and/or Add me to your BlogRoll
10. *NEW* Grab my Back to School Blog Event Button for your blog or FB page:
Button Code: <a href=”http://www.afrugalfriend.net/2011/08/back-to-school-blog-event-giveaways-more-get-the-scoop/”><img style=”border: 0;” src=”http://www.afrugalfriend.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/back-to-school-blog-event-button2.jpg” alt=”” /></a>
(leave as separate comments please for each entry)
Giveaway ends at midnight (central time) on Wednesday, August 24th, 2011! Valid for US residents and addresses only. No purchase necessary to enter. Winner will be randomly selected. I’ll announce (and contact by email) the winner on this post and the winner will have 2 days to get back to me for delivery details. Limit one set of entries per household.
(Complimentary labels were provided for review, courtesy of Mabel’s Labels. All remarks are the personal and honest opinions of A Frugal Friend)