**GIVEAWAY NOW CLOSED**
#57 Jessie C
Do you have eggs in your refrigerator? I bet you do. If you are like me, your eggs might look a bit different this time of year.
Through November 15, 2011, Eggland’s Best will feature the signature “EB” stamp with the Susan G. Komen Running Ribbon on all varieties of EB farm fresh eggs to raise awareness.
Best of all though, they’ll be donating $50,000 to support Susan G. Komen in their pledge to end breast cancer forever.
Why is that important?
*****Well…..it’s important to me personally, because I lost my mom to breast cancer 5 years ago.
It’s important so so many others because……thanks to Susan G. Komen for the Cure, during the past year, they’ve been able to invest an additional $75 million in research, as well as provide more than 600,000 women with free screenings and over 100,000 with treatment assistance. All thanks to the help of amazing donors, both individuals and companies like Eggland’s Best!
A huge thank you from me (and my entire family)!
So as you visit the grocery store through mid-November, be sure to grab Eggland’s Best eggs.
“They provide a significant source of certain antioxidants including Vitamin A, Vitamin E and lutein. They also have higher concentration of folate and iodine. Studies suggest that folate and iodine may also contribute to reducing the risk of developing cancer”.
FUN SHAPED HARD-BOILED EGGS: My daughter loves eggs just about any way imaginable…..scrambled, sunny side-up, etc. But for some extra fun I like to make fun shaped hard-boiled eggs!
I use Fun-Shaped Egg Molds and Eggland’s Best Eggs of course!
- Bring Eggland’s Best eggs to a boil in pot
- After bringing to a boil, I turn off the heat and let it sit for 15 minutes with the cover on
- Peel eggs while running under cold water
- Place peeled eggs in the Fun-Shaped Egg Molds
- Place molds in cold water for about 10 minutes
- Voila – fun eggs for your kids!
FYI – the Egg Molds are just $3 to 4 for a pair!!
Now for some extra fun for my readers:
One (1) lucky winner will receive:
The prize pack will include an eco bag, plush egg, spatula and a coupon for FREE Eggland’s Best Eggs!
(similar to photo shown, but may be slightly different)
HOW TO ENTER:
For your main entry, Leave a comment and and tell me how you like your eggs cooked best (scrambled, hard-boiled, etc). That’s it!
You can earn (1) one extra entry for each of the following (leave a separate comment for each):
2. Leave a comment on any non-giveaway post
3. Like A Frugal Friend on Facebook
4. Like Egglands Best Eggs on Facebook
5. Subscribe to A Frugal Friend via email or in a reader
6. Follow A Frugal Friend on Twitter
7. Follow Egglands Best Eggs on Twitter
8. Tweet the following as is: Win an Egglands Best Eggs Prize package! http://tinyurl.com/692zyml @AFrugalFriend #giveaway
9. Grab my blog button for your site (or put on FB page) and/or Add me to your BlogRoll
Giveaway ends at midnight (central time) on Tuesday, November 1st, 2011! Valid for US residents/addresses who are 18 years of age or older. No purchase necessary to enter. I’ll announce (and contact by email) the winner on this post and the winner will have 2 days to get back to me for delivery details. Limit one set of entries per household.
(Eggland’s Best will provide giveaway prize to winner and provided complimentary product coupons to author. All remarks are the personal and honest opinions of A Frugal Friend.)